Wednesday 5 August 2015

House Erritian Progress

Time for a small update on my two Knights I'm currently painting. Cerulean Invective's carapace is comeplete, while I'm chopping through Celestial Indigo's at the moment. The painting's been stress free, which is always surprising for a model of this size. I've shaded the metal on the carapace of Celestial with Nuln Oil, but Cerulean has been shaded with both Nuln Oil and a subtle point wash of Typhus Corrosion, for reasons that will become clear...


Cerulean Invective. I really enjoyed painting the window port and it's the best gem effect I've ever cranked out so pretty chuffed with it!

Celestial Indigo. I liked the idea of a diagonal stripe running across the top, and hopefully the effect's not come out too bad. It's a little ropey in places, but nothing that distracts the eye so I'm tempted to leave as is instead of constant neatening and potential for mistakes.

These guys should really be painted by the end of next week or the start of the one after. Then all I'll need to do is transfers and weathering with powders.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I'd vote to keep the stripe the way it is. Looks fine to me, and you can drive yourself nuts tweaking these things. I'm pretty curious to see what you're doing with the 3rd one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are numbers two and three :P Martyr Blue was my first and is part of the same hunting group. However, I'm going to be doing a little updating on him to tie him in a lot more to these two, A repaint\highlight of some armour parts and an Icarus Autocannon on the top should make all three look like a unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. Always enjoy watching the knights get painted up. They really showcase a lot of different styles and techniques!

    ReplyDelete