Sunday 9 June 2013

Squad Sahrael complete. Nerd League results.

Well, this has taken about a month longer than I hoped or cared for, but finally, Squad Sahrael of the Sixth Company is finished after I tidy the bases!  Nothing else to add, except I won't be painting any Tactical marines for a while (I wish, I have at least two more squads I need to do), In the background you can see that my Deathwing squad have had their Seraphim Sepia wash and are just drying.

The Nerd League results for this week were...interesting. I played Danny's Tau/Space Wolves list, and let's just say it didn't go to plan. I was very conservative with my deployment, and suffered at the hands of Danny's Crisis Suits. Having two separate missile pods each is hideous to fight against, and he was hammering my army from turn one. By turn four I had very little left, and as such conceded. I don't think I could have done too much to change the game, maybe going second instead and being more aggressive with my Deathwing and Drop Pod deployment. But it was a fun game, and that's all that matters.

In Gandy and Pootank's game, there was a shocking win for the forces of Chaos! Gandy played much better than recently, and I think some of our advice is starting to sink in. It also probably helped that one of his champions managed to roll up Dark Apotheosis and turned into a Daemon Prince! Gandy's was obviously delighted with this game, and as I'm facing him next week it should be a good game all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment